Welcome to the CCCGS blog.

The purpose of this blog is to promote the Contra Costa County Genealogical Society by announcing upcoming events and reporting on past events. In doing so, I hope it will encourage all who are interested to attend any of our events and meetings, and share in our enthusiasm of genealogical research.


October 7, 2011

Follow Friday -- NARAtions: The Blog of the National Archives

I really enjoy reading the NARAtions (blog of the National Archives) because I learn something about the National Archives.  I think a lot of people think the National Archives is kind of mysterious.  What kinds of records do they have besides census, military, and land records?  So I'm always ready to learn of new records.

However, this blog post is about the 1940 census which will be released to the public April 2012.  "Family Tree Friday: Were You at Work?  The 1940 Census employment status (Part I)" at NARAtions.  It is written by Diane Petro, who is an Archives Technician in the Archives I Research Support Branch (RD-DC), Research Services, Archival Operations – Washington, DC.

She writes about columns 21 through 24 which addresses employment status. It's a nice write-up and there are images of the census forms, too. Take a look at the article and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment